Starting from 1st October 2018, eBay will be implementing additional shipping requirements for certain cross-border or forward-deployed transactions delivered to US buyers. Sellers who do not comply or consistently fall short of expectations may have action taken against their account(s), such as reduction of selling limits or account restrictions.
Shipping policy for orders shipped from Southeast Asia or forward deployed to US buyers
What you need to know
What are the criteria & requirements?
- Items either (i) shipping from Southeast Asia to US buyers, or (ii) already forward deployed in the US, where the item value exceeds USD5 (inclusive of shipping fees) will be required to have a valid acceptance scan recorded within your listing’s specified handling time.
- On a weekly basis, we will evaluate your transactions in the prior two-week period for compliance with these requirements.
How are you being evaluated?
Every Sunday, transactions that meet the criteria in the prior 2-week period will be evaluated for compliance with the requirements. You will receive a performance report via email every week after each evaluation.
Recommended shipping services
- 1. How do I check my performance?
You will receive a performance report via email every week after each evaluation.
- 2. What do I do if I do not receive the email notification?
Please check that you are subscribed to email communications under My eBay. If you are still facing issues, please contact Customer Support.
3. If my buyer is located in the United States but my listing is on a different eBay site (e.g. ebay.co.uk), am I required to follow this policy?
Yes. All transactions that fulfil the above criteria regardless of listing site are required to comply with this policy.
- 4. What if I decide not to use one of the recommended shipping services?
You are free to use a shipping service outside the recommended list, provided that such service is able to fulfil policy requirements.
- 5. What if I’m a seller in a market that is not supported by the recommended shipping provider?
eBay is working hard to add additional carriers in markets where there are less options for trackable delivery.
- 6. My selling limits have been reduced. How do I restore them?
eBay will evaluate all qualifying transactions on a weekly basis. When your account is able to fulfil the minimum requirement in the next evaluation window, your selling limits may be partially or fully restored.
- 7. I am an eBay Top Rated Seller with excellent shipping performance. Will I be exempted from this policy?
We thank you and value your commitment in delivering a great shipping experience for our buyers. However, all sellers in Southeast Asia must comply with the requirements stated above.
- 8. I upload tracking numbers for all my orders. Why does my account still not meet the minimum compliance level of this policy?
The tracking information must be uploaded on eBay and have a valid acceptance scan recorded within your listing’s specified handling time. When you input the tracking information, please ensure that you:
1. Input the carrier’s name accurately in the “Carrier” field. Use the suggested spelling as you enter the carrier name.
2. Enter the parcel tracking number following the correct carrier format within the specified handling time.
3. Tender the package to the carrier after printing the shipping label within the specified handling time.
- 9. My current performance exceeds the minimum compliance rate. Why have my selling limits been reduced?
This policy is part of eBay Southeast Asia’s Tracking Mandate Program. You must meet the minimum requirements of all 3 policies within this program in order to be compliant. You may view the other 2 policies here:
- 10. Are transactions where I have refunded the buyer included as part of this evaluation?
Refunded transactions are excluded from evaluation.
11. I have multiple eBay accounts - will the selling limit reduction or account restriction affect all my accounts, or only the specific accounts that do not meet the policy requirements?
Our evaluations are based on individual account performance. Only accounts that fail to meet the minimum compliance level of this policy may have selling limits reduced or account restricted.
12. The selling limits in my account have been reduced, even though I have met the policy requirements. What do I do?
You may submit an appeal with our Customer Support team, if you are able to demonstrate the following conditions have been met:
1. You used an eBay-approved shipping service with parcel tracking service.
2. You handed over the parcel to the shipping carrier within your listing’s promised handling time.
3. The correct tracking information was uploaded to eBay (the carrier name must be accurate and the tracking number must be valid without errors or extra characters).
If you meet the above conditions, please contact our Customer Support team with supporting evidence for the affected transactions with the table format below:
Item ID Item Price Tracking Number Carrier Name
Please note that it usually takes 7-10 business days for the appeal to be processed. We ask for your patience and will inform you of the appeal decision.