What you need to know
Starting from August 25th 2019, sellers will be evaluated on the number of transactions with delivery-related issues. Sellers who do not comply or consistently fall short of expectations may have their selling limits reduced or account(s) restricted.
As a seller, shipping your items in a timely and reliable manner is crucial to provide buyers with a great shipping experience. Most of the time when something goes wrong, it is due to delays, inaccuracies, or lack of visibility related to the delivery of an item. You’re expected to follow these best practices:
- Ship items within your specified handling time
- Use reliable shipping providers that offer shipment tracking
- Manage inventory and keep items well stocked
- Charge reasonable shipping and handling costs
- Specify shipping costs and handling time in the listing
- Follow through on your return policy
- Respond to buyers’ questions within 3 working days
- Be helpful, friendly, and professional throughout a transaction
eBay will evaluate the rate of transactions with delivery-related issues for items shipped from Southeast Asia or Greater China, defined as the percentage of transactions where a buyer:
- Filed an Item Not Received (INR) case, or
- Escalated an Item Not Received (INR) case, or
- Left a one (1) star Detailed Seller Rating (DSR) for Shipping Time
How are you being evaluated?
To provide sellers time to comply with the new policy, eBay will start implementing the above evaluation criteria on November 20th 2019 and the first evaluation window will cover transactions from August 25th 2019 – November 16th 2019. Sellers who do not comply after warning may have their selling limits reduced or account(s) restricted.
Recommended shipping services
- 1. How do I check my performance?
You can visit your Seller Dashboard to find out more details. The details for your performance will be refreshed every Wednesday.
- 2. My acceptance scan (A-Scan) was uploaded and validated within my listing’s specified handling time, but the item was delivered late due to carrier’s negligence – am I still considered at fault?
We appreciate your effort in ensuring that the acceptance scan was recorded within your handling time and will take your efforts into account when evaluating your account for non-compliance. That being said, we would strongly encourage our sellers to use our SEAPaSS shipping platform or any of our recommended shipping services to reduce these types of issues.
- 3. What if my A-scan was uploaded within the specified handling time but it was only validated the day after the specified handling time?
Please do ensure that your A-Scan is uploaded and validated within the specified handling time. Otherwise, it will be considered as a transaction in which tracking was not uploaded on time.
- 4. Am I able to appeal for the action taken against my account?
Yes. If you have evidence to support that eBay’s evaluation was applied incorrectly, you may contact Customer Support to submit an appeal (please refer to following question regarding appeal process).
- 5. What are the requirements for an appeal?
In order to be eligible for an appeal, sellers must provide evidence to support the claim. For example: If the delivery delay is due to customs hold, kindly provide the official supporting documents when you appeal.
Learn more about SEAPaSS
Check out SEAPaSS - South East Asia Parcel Shipping Solution. We created this to help Southeast Asian sellers like you handle and ship your orders easily. This is a one-platform solution that allows you to automate and scale your order fulfillment processes in an efficient seamless workflow. Best of all, it’s free, safe and secure.